Imagine starting your day with a delightful bite of Cheesy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sliders. These mini sandwiches pack a flavorful punch with juicy sausage, a perfectly cooked egg, and melted cheddar cheese, all sandwiched between a soft, toasted bun. It’s a harmonious blend of textures and flavors that turns your average breakfast into a gourmet experience.
Not only are these sliders irresistibly delicious, but they’re also incredibly easy to make, perfect for those busy mornings or a leisurely weekend brunch. The recipe is adaptable too; switch up the cheese, add some veggies, or use your favorite sausage type to make these sliders uniquely yours. They’re sure to be a hit whether you’re feeding the family or entertaining friends.
Table of contents
Breakfast Sliders Recipe
- 24 ounces ground pork sausage (2 breakfast sausage rolls, like Jimmy Dean)
- 12 Hawaiian buns (or other slider buns)
- 8 large eggs, scrambled
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Start by heating your oven to 350°F for preheating.
- Place a large skillet over a medium flame. Shape the sausage into 12 round patties, each slightly larger than your rolls. Cook these patties in the skillet until they’re fully cooked.
- Take your Hawaiian buns and slice them in half horizontally, making sure not to separate them. Lay the bottom halves in a baking dish that’s either 7×10 inches or 9×13 inches in size.
- Next, spread the scrambled eggs evenly over the bottom halves of the buns. Layer the pepper jack cheese on top of the eggs.
- Now, place the cooked sausage patties over the layer of pepper jack cheese, and then cover them with slices of American cheese.
- Gently place the top halves of the buns over the cheese layer.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter and maple syrup. Brush this mixture over the top of the buns, allowing it to seep down the sides.
- Bake the sliders in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready when the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
Kcal: 486 kcal | Servings: 12 sliders
Breakfast Sliders Recipe FAQS
How many calories in a sausage egg and cheese slider?
The calorie content in a sausage, egg, and cheese slider can vary depending on the ingredients and portion sizes used. However, a typical homemade sausage, egg, and cheese slider can contain around 350 to 400 calories. It’s important to note that this is an estimate, and the actual calorie content can be higher or lower based on the specific ingredients (like the type of sausage, cheese, and bun) and the cooking method.
How do you serve sausage for breakfast?
Sausage can be served in various ways for breakfast. Here are a few popular options:
- Cooked and Sliced: Sausages can be grilled, pan-fried, or oven-roasted and then sliced into pieces.
- Sausage Patties: Ground sausage can be formed into patties and cooked on a griddle or pan. These are great for sandwiches or as a side.
- With Eggs: Sausages pair well with eggs. You can serve them alongside scrambled, fried, or poached eggs.
- In a Casserole: Sausage can be used as an ingredient in breakfast casseroles, often combined with eggs, cheese, and bread or potatoes.
- Breakfast Burrito or Wrap: Chopped or sliced sausage can be added to breakfast burritos or wraps along with scrambled eggs, cheese, and vegetables.
How long to heat up jimmy dean breakfast sandwich?
To heat a Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich, you should follow the instructions on the packaging. Generally, for a frozen sandwich, you might microwave it for about 1-2 minutes. If it’s refrigerated, it could take slightly less time. It’s always best to check the sandwich in intervals to ensure it doesn’t overheat and to let it stand for a minute or so after heating for the heat to distribute evenly.
How long do you cook Jimmy Dean sausage egg and cheese?
The cooking time for a Jimmy Dean Sausage, Egg, and Cheese sandwich typically depends on whether it’s frozen or thawed. For a frozen sandwich, microwaving it for around 1-2 minutes is usually sufficient. If you’re cooking from thawed, it generally takes about 30-60 seconds less. Again, it’s important to follow the specific instructions on the product packaging and adjust the time based on your microwave’s wattage.
Remember, microwave ovens vary in power, so adjustments to cooking times may be necessary. Always ensure that the product is thoroughly heated through before eating.