There’s something irresistibly comforting about the classic combination of chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker, and these Mini S’mores Pies capture that essence perfectly. Each bite-sized pie offers a delightful mix of textures: the crunchy graham cracker crust, the rich, velvety chocolate filling, and the soft, toasted marshmallow topping.
These Mini S’mores Pies are not just a treat for the taste buds but also a feast for the eyes. Their petite size makes them perfect for gatherings where you want to offer a variety of desserts without overwhelming your guests. They’re also incredibly easy to make, which means you can whip up a batch whenever the craving strikes. Whether you’re hosting a party, looking for a fun baking project with the kids, or just in the mood for something sweet and satisfying, these mini pies are sure to hit the spot.
Table of contents
Mini S’mores pies Recipe
- Keebler Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bars, broken into pieces
- Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
- Mini Marshmallows
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Take the Keebler Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts and place them in the cups of a muffin tin.
- Into each crust, add 4-5 pieces of the broken Hershey’s chocolate or Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups. You can mix and match the chocolates according to your preference.
- Generously top each crust with mini marshmallows, ensuring they’re evenly distributed.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the marshmallows turn golden brown and the chocolate melts.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow the mini pies to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve these delightful mini s’mores pies warm and enjoy the gooey, chocolatey goodness!
This simple and delicious recipe is perfect for a quick dessert or a fun treat for gatherings. Enjoy your homemade mini s’mores pies!
Mini S’mores pies FAQS
To prevent mini pies from sticking, there are a few effective methods you can use:
Non-stick Pan: Use a non-stick muffin tin or mini pie pan, which helps reduce the likelihood of sticking.
Greasing: Lightly grease the muffin tin or pie molds with butter or a non-stick cooking spray. This creates a barrier between the pie crust and the pan.
Parchment Paper: Cut small circles of parchment paper and place them at the bottom of each muffin cup or pie mold. This makes it easier to remove the pies after baking.
Cooling: Allow the pies to cool in the pan for a few minutes after baking. As they cool, they contract slightly, making them easier to remove.
Storing mini pies in the freezer is a great way to keep them fresh for later use. Here’s how to do it:
Cool Completely: Ensure the mini pies are completely cooled to room temperature before freezing.
Wrap Individually: Wrap each mini pie tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. This helps prevent freezer burn and keeps the flavors intact.
Freezer-Safe Container: Place the wrapped pies in a freezer-safe container or a resealable freezer bag. This adds an extra layer of protection against freezer burn and odor absorption.
Label and Date: Label the container or bag with the date, so you know how long the pies have been stored.
Freeze: Store the mini pies in the freezer. They can typically be kept for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy them, thaw the mini pies in the refrigerator or at room temperature before serving.
The number of s’mores you can make with a box of Honey Maid Graham Crackers depends on the size of the box and how you break the crackers. Typically, a standard box contains about 27 to 28 sheets of graham crackers. Each sheet can be broken into four small squares. For a traditional s’more, you need two squares per s’more (one for the top and one for the bottom).
Therefore, from a standard box, you can make approximately:
27 sheets x 4 squares per sheet = 108 squares
108 squares / 2 squares per s’more = 54 s’mores
Keep in mind that this is an estimate and the actual number may vary slightly based on the exact count of crackers in the box and the size of the s’mores you make.