Shrimp And GritsHow to Make
These southern shrimp and grits are made with tender shrimp in a silky tomato-shrimp gravy, served over cheesy, creamy grits with andouille and warm spices.
– Heat a large skillet and add the andouille. Sauté, stirring, until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.1
– Add vegetable oil and flour. Stir to form a paste, then cook, stirring constantly until the roux darkens to a rich brown.2
– Add the onion, jalapeno and celery. Stir and cook. Stir in the garlic and cook.3
– Stir in the tomato paste, diced tomatoes and Cajun seasonings, salt and pepper. Cook to let the flavors develop.4
– Stir in the stock and fresh thyme. Reduce heat and simmer to thicken the gravy. Add more liquid as needed. – Stir in the sausage and simmer. Adjust for seasonings.5-6
– While the shrimp gravy is simmering, add the butter, water and optional salt to a pot. Bring the water to a boil. – Cook the Grits.7-8
– Ladle into bowls. Garnish. Done!&
Enjoy!Enjoy!White Dotted ArrowSwipe up to get the full recipe, plus cooking and serving tips!Swipe up to get the full recipe, plus cooking and serving tips!
More RecipesSpicy Cajun ShrimpBud and Old Bay Shrimp