These Strawberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries are a delightful fusion of flaky puff pastry, rich cream cheese, and sweet, fresh strawberries. They are the perfect balance of creamy and fruity flavors, wrapped in a golden, crispy crust. Whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast option or a sweet treat to enjoy with your coffee, these pastries are sure to impress.
Not only are they visually appealing, but they also offer a burst of flavor with every bite. The combination of tangy cream cheese and sweet strawberries creates a harmonious taste that is both refreshing and satisfying. These pastries are ideal for those mornings when you want something special without spending hours in the kitchen. Simple, elegant, and utterly delicious, they are a testament to the beauty of minimal ingredients creating maximum flavor.
Table of contents
Strawberry Breakfast Pastries Recipe
- 1 sheet puff pastry (half of a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 large egg
- Sanding sugar, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Cut the puff pastry into six rectangles. Transfer the pastries onto the baking sheet, spacing them at least 1 inch apart.
- Lightly score the dough 1/2-inch from the edges. Prick the center of the pastry several times with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and strawberry jam. Spread this mixture within the scored area of each pastry.
- Top the cream cheese with the sliced strawberries.
- Whisk together the egg with 1 Tablespoon water. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash, then sprinkle with sanding sugar (optional).
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 17 minutes | Total Time: 27 minutes Kcal: 288 kcal | Servings: 6 servings
Strawberry Breakfast Pastries FAQS
Yes, strawberries are an excellent choice for breakfast. They are low in calories, high in fiber, and rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Eating strawberries can provide a healthy and refreshing start to your day, and their natural sweetness can satisfy morning cravings without the need for added sugars.
While you can eat just strawberries for breakfast, it’s generally better to have a more balanced meal. Strawberries are nutritious but lack protein and healthy fats, which are essential for a fulfilling breakfast. Combining strawberries with foods like yogurt, oatmeal, or whole-grain toast can create a more balanced and satisfying meal.
Breakfast pastries, such as croissants, muffins, and danishes, are often high in sugar and saturated fats and low in essential nutrients. While they can be enjoyed occasionally, they are not typically considered healthy, especially if consumed regularly. For a healthier breakfast, opt for whole grains, fruits, proteins, and healthy fats.
Strawberries are versatile and can be paired with a variety of foods. Some great options include:
Yogurt or Greek yogurt for a protein-rich breakfast or snack.
Oatmeal or cereal, where their natural sweetness can enhance the flavor.
Salads, as their sweetness can complement savory flavors.
Desserts, like shortcakes or tarts, where they add freshness and a burst of flavor.
Smoothies, where they can be blended with other fruits and greens for a nutritious drink.
Cheese, particularly soft cheeses like brie or goat cheese, for a delightful contrast in flavors.