Pumpkin Cream Cheese Hand Pies have become a beloved treat, appreciated for their irresistible taste and charming appearance. The combination of pumpkin, warm spices, and velvety cream makes these hand pies a delightful experience for the senses. Whether enjoyed as a snack, dessert, or even a sweet breakfast, these handheld delights evoke the spirit of the season in every bite.
Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Cream Cheese Hand Pies
Achieving the perfect Pumpkin Cream Cheese Hand Pies requires some finesse and attention to detail. Here are some valuable tips to help you master the art of making these delectable treats:
- Chill the Dough: Refrigerating the dough before rolling it out helps to create a flakier crust. This step is crucial in preventing the dough from becoming too sticky and makes it easier to handle.
- Use Fresh Pumpkin Puree: While canned pumpkin puree is convenient, using fresh pumpkin puree will elevate the flavor of your hand pies. Roast and puree your pumpkin for a more authentic taste.
- Don’t Overfill the Pies: Be mindful not to overstuff the hand pies with the creamy filling. Overfilling can cause the filling to spill out during baking, making it messy and uneven.
- Ventilation is Key: Create small slits or poke tiny holes on the top of each hand pie to allow steam to escape while baking. This prevents the pies from becoming too soggy and helps the filling set properly.
- Experiment with Spices: While pumpkin pie spice is a classic choice, feel free to experiment with other fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to add your unique twist to the hand pies.
- Serve Warm: Pumpkin Cream Hand Pies are best enjoyed warm, straight out of the oven. The contrast between the flaky crust and creamy filling is at its finest when served fresh.
- Freeze for Later: If you have leftovers or want to prepare ahead, Pumpkin Cream Hand Pies freeze well. Store them in an airtight container and reheat in the oven for a quick and delicious treat anytime.
What is the Best Pumpkin Cream Cheese Hand Pies Recipe?There are various Pumpkin Cream Hand Pie recipes available, each with its own unique twist. However, a classic recipe using fresh pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and a creamy filling is widely loved.
Can I Make the Dough in Advance?Yes, you can prepare the dough ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before rolling it out.
How Long Do Pumpkin Cream Cheese Hand Pies Last?Pumpkin Cream Hand Pies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. If refrigerated, they can last up to a week.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Cream Cheese Hand Pies?Absolutely! To freeze Pumpkin Cream Hand Pies, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then, transfer them to a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
What Can I Serve with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Hand Pies?Pumpkin Cream Hand Pies are delightful on their own, but you can enhance the experience by pairing them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Can I Use a Store-Bought Pie Crust?While making your own pie crust is recommended for the best results, you can use a store-bought pie crust for convenience. However, homemade crusts typically have a better texture and flavor.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packs ready-made pie crusts (4 crusts total)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the heavy cream, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually pour the cream mixture into the pumpkin mixture, stirring continuously until smooth and creamy.
- Roll out the pie crusts on a lightly floured surface and cut out 8 circles using a 4-inch cookie cutter.
- Place 4 of the pie crust circles on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon the pumpkin cream filling onto the center of each pie crust circle, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Top each filled pie crust circle with another pie crust circle, and use a fork to seal the edges together.
- Make a small slit on the top of each hand pie to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the hand pies are golden brown and the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and let the hand pies cool slightly before serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
Kcal: 270 kcal | Servings: 4 servings