Dive into the delightful fusion of tacos and spaghetti with this One-Pot Taco Spaghetti. It’s a unique blend of Mexican flavors and Italian pasta, creating a dish that’s not only bursting with taste but also incredibly easy to make. Perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something quick yet satisfying, this dish is sure to please everyone at the table.
The combination of ground beef, tomatoes, and a duo of melted cheeses, all intertwined with spaghetti, makes for a comforting meal that’s both hearty and flavorful. Whether you’re a fan of tacos, pasta, or just love trying new twists on classic dishes, this One-Pot Taco Spaghetti is a must-try!
Table of contents
One-Pot Taco Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 4½ tablespoons taco seasoning or one 1.25-ounce package
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 diced Roma tomato
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, diced yellow onion, and taco seasoning. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until the beef is thoroughly browned, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Mix in the tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Add the spaghetti and 3 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat. Let it simmer until the spaghetti is fully cooked, which should take around 15 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, take the pot off the heat. Sprinkle the cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top, along with the diced Roma tomato and chopped cilantro. Stir until the cheese has melted and is well incorporated.
- Serve the dish hot, garnished with extra tomato and cilantro if you like.
- Enjoy your meal!
Easy One-Pot Taco Spaghetti FAQS
Who made spaghetti tacos?
Spaghetti tacos became widely known due to their appearance on the Nickelodeon TV show “iCarly,” where they were a favorite dish of the character Spencer Shay. The dish gained popularity among the show’s young audience. However, the actual ‘inventor’ of spaghetti tacos is not definitively known, as it’s a fusion dish that could have been created by various individuals experimenting with combining Italian and Mexican cuisines.
What is Mexican spaghetti made of?
Mexican spaghetti, often referred to as “sopa de fideo” or “fideo,” is a popular dish in Mexican cuisine. It typically consists of short, thin pasta (like vermicelli or angel hair pasta) that is first browned in oil and then cooked in a tomato-based broth. The dish is flavored with ingredients like onions, garlic, and sometimes bell peppers or chilies. It’s a simple, comforting dish, often served as a side or a light main course.
Is spaghetti Italian or Mexican?
Spaghetti is traditionally Italian. It is a staple of Italian cuisine and has been a part of Italian food culture for centuries. The long, thin, cylindrical pasta of Italian origin is made from durum wheat and water. While spaghetti has been adapted into various cuisines around the world, including Mexican, its origins are firmly rooted in Italy.
What is the difference between pasta and fideo?
The main difference between pasta and fideo lies in their form and usage in cooking. Pasta is a general term used to describe a variety of shapes and sizes of noodles made from unleavened dough of wheat flour mixed with water or eggs. It’s used in a wide range of Italian dishes. Fideo, on the other hand, specifically refers to a type of pasta commonly used in Mexican and Spanish cuisine. It is typically thin and short, similar to vermicelli, and is often used in soups and broths. While both are types of noodles, their preparation, cultural significance, and typical culinary applications differ.