Indulge in these luscious Peppermint Kiss Brownie Bites, topped with a fluffy frosting that’s perfect for the holiday season or any festive occasion.
Table of contents
Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Brownie Bites Recipe
For the Brownies:
- Unsalted Butter – ¾ cup
- Granulated Sugar – 1 ½ cups
- All-Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – ¾ cup
- Large Eggs – 3
For the Frosting:
- Unsalted Butter (softened) – ½ cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 ½ cups
- Milk – 1 Tablespoon
- Peppermint Extract – ¼ teaspoon
- Peppermint Hershey’s Kisses – 36-48 pieces
- Sprinkles – to decorate
- Begin by melting the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl, which should take about 1 minute.
- Stir in the sugar, flour, and cocoa powder with a wooden spoon until the mixture is well incorporated, then mix in the eggs thoroughly.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and prepare mini muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- Fill each muffin cup with a heaping tablespoon of the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, then let the brownies cool in the pans for about 10-15 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, whip the softened butter, powdered sugar, milk, and peppermint extract together for about 4 minutes until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Transfer the frosting into a piping bag fitted with your chosen tip and pipe a swirl of frosting onto each brownie bite.
- Immediately top each frosted brownie with sprinkles and a single Peppermint Hershey’s Kiss.
- Store your Peppermint Kiss Brownie Bites in a covered container at room temperature, and they’ll be ready to delight for 3-5 days.
These bite-sized treats offer a decadent combination of rich chocolate and cool peppermint, topped with a kiss of candy that’s sure to please any sweet tooth. Enjoy!
Peppermint Kiss Brownie Bites Recipe FAQS
Preventing Brownie Bites from Sticking to the Pan:
- Always grease your brownie pan thoroughly. You can use butter, cooking spray, or a non-stick baking spray. For added assurance, consider lining the pan with parchment paper or use silicone baking molds which are naturally non-stick.
- Let the brownie bites cool in the pan for a few minutes after baking. This allows them to firm up slightly and detach more easily from the pan.
Refrigerating Brownie Bites:
- Brownie bites generally don’t need to be refrigerated if they will be consumed within a couple of days. They can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
- However, if you live in a particularly hot or humid environment, or if you want to extend their shelf life, refrigerating them is a good option. Just ensure they are well-covered or in a sealed container to prevent them from drying out.
Brownie Bites Sinking in the Middle:
- Sinking in the middle can occur due to several reasons:
- Overbeating the batter: This incorporates too much air, causing them to rise rapidly and then collapse.
- Opening the oven door frequently: This causes temperature fluctuations that can affect the baking process.
- Underbaking: Sometimes the edges can set while the middle is still undercooked, causing it to sink as it cools.
- To avoid this, mix the batter until just combined and try to keep the oven door closed while they bake.
Knowing When Brownies are Done:
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the brownie. If it comes out with a few moist crumbs, the brownies are done. If it’s wet with batter, give them a few more minutes.
- Look for the edges to become slightly crisp and the top to set and form a thin crust. The center should be slightly soft but not wobbly.
Remember, every oven is different, and factors like the type of pan you use (glass, metal, silicone) can also affect baking times, so it might take a little experimentation to get them just right.