Indulge in the irresistible charm of Air Fryer Apple Pie Bites – delightful biscuits brimming with apple pie filling, air-fried to a golden brown perfection, and coated in a tantalizing blend of apple pie spice and sugar.
Table of contents
Air Fryer Apple Pie Bites Recipe
- ¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 can (8-count) Pillsbury Grand biscuits, not flaky layers
- 1 cup (243 g) apple pie filling, with apples cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter, melted
- Prepare the Spice Mixture: Begin by mixing granulated sugar and apple pie spice in a medium-sized bowl. This mixture will add a delightful sweetness and spice to your bites. Set it aside for later use.
- Shape the Biscuits: Open a can of refrigerated biscuits and separate each biscuit into two layers. Gently press these layers into 4-inch circles. You’ll end up with 16 circles in total, ready to be filled with the apple mixture.
- Create the Filling: In a smaller bowl, mix together the apple pie filling and a dash of ground cinnamon. This step infuses the apple pie filling with an extra cinnamon kick, enhancing the flavors.
- Assemble the Bites: Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of the apple pie filling mixture onto the center of each biscuit circle. Then, use your fingers to fold and pinch the sides together, sealing the filling inside. Roll these into small balls.
- Prep the Air Fryer: Lightly spray the basket of your air fryer with nonstick cooking spray. This prevents the bites from sticking and ensures a golden-brown finish.
- Cook in Batches: Place the prepared balls in the air fryer basket, keeping them about 2 inches apart. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray. Air fry at 350°F for 8-9 minutes, or until they turn golden brown.
- Add the Final Touches: Once cooked, carefully remove the bites and dip each in melted butter. Then, roll them in the previously prepared sugar and apple pie spice mixture. This step adds a deliciously sweet and spiced coating to each bite.
- Serve and Enjoy: These apple pie bites can be served immediately or at room temperature. They make a great dessert or a sweet snack for any occasion!
Remember, the key to perfect Air Fryer Apple Pie Bites is in the details – the spice mix, the even cooking, and that final sugary coat. Enjoy making these simple yet scrumptious treats that are sure to be a hit with everyone!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 9 minutes Total Time: 29 minutes Servings: 16 apple pie bites Calories: 154 kcal
Savor the heavenly combination of crispy exterior and luscious apple pie filling with these Air Fryer Apple Pie Bites, a delightful treat perfect for any occasion.
Air Fryer Apple Pie Bites Recipe
How long to cook pie in air fryer?
The cooking time for a pie in an air fryer can vary depending on the type and size of the pie. Generally, small hand pies may take about 10-15 minutes at 350°F (180°C), while larger pies might take 20-30 minutes. It’s recommended to check the pie periodically and adjust the time accordingly to achieve the desired golden-brown crust.
How long to heat apple pie in air fryer?
To heat a slice of apple pie in an air fryer, preheat the air fryer to around 350°F (180°C). Place the slice in the air fryer basket for about 3-5 minutes or until it reaches your desired level of warmth. Keep an eye on it to prevent overcooking and ensure the crust remains crisp.
How do you reheat apple pie in the UK?
To reheat apple pie in the UK, you can use an oven or microwave. In the oven, preheat to around 350°F (180°C) and warm the pie for 10-15 minutes. In the microwave, place the slice on a microwave-safe plate and heat in 20-second intervals until warmed through. You may also cover the pie loosely with foil to retain moisture.
How do you store apple pie?
Store apple pie by covering it loosely with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and placing it in the refrigerator. This helps maintain its freshness. For longer storage, consider freezing the pie. Wrap it well with plastic wrap and aluminum foil or use an airtight container. When ready to enjoy, thaw the pie in the refrigerator overnight and reheat as needed.